Wednesday, October 26, 2011

Consistency

I have been so reflective lately its odd...because I miss my unreflective time...like watching Jersey Shore! Anyways, I have been running over all these themes that I am proactive about in my life. Another one I have been thinking about lately is consistency. I like having consistency in my life because it gives me a basis and a structure in my everyday. I also like for my relationships to be reliable and consistent. There is so much comfort in this!

The thing I love most about my regular yoga practice is that it always happens on Monday and Wednesday mornings and there are only about 3-4 variations in the sequence that my teacher goes through. He will run through one sequence for about 3 months before he decides to only switch one small section for another 3 months or so again. This might sound boring but I think its amazing because I can really see how I improve. This is why I always make a point to show up to my Monday and Wednesday morning classes even if they are at 7am! Sometimes I am really lost without my Yoga practice. If I practice it outside studios its always fine but I lose my regular routine and I also lose track of my goals. This is why Yoga is a PRACTICE!

No comments:

Post a Comment