Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Jump backs and Jump forwards

Have you ever been in a Yoga class and in the front of the room you watch these intense Yoga guys do their vinyasas like they're flying in the air? I mean they fly up into a hand stand and weightlessly land into a perfect chattarunga. Then when they come forward from downward facing dog they fly up again into a perfect handstand, hover weightlessly, effortlessly then slowly land with their feet right there behind their hands. OK well its not always guys, I have seen some amazing women do it but men with their upper body strength..you know. Whatever the case maybe, its frigggin amazing and beautiful to watch. It is also a dream of mine to be able to do it.

My jump backs are much better than my jump forwards but on either end I haven't been attempting handstands really. I can't even really do a handstand without the safety of a wall behind me, which could be part of the problem. Also my hamstrings are sometimes so tight I can't be in uttanasana and have my hands planted completely flat...more like finger tips. Well, here is a video I think is helpful though it still seems this is one of those things that just take a lot of practice!

No comments:

Post a Comment